Thursday, June 26, 2008

3 Weeks Old!

Layla was 3 weeks old already yesterday! She got moved to yet another room! They opened a new neonatal nursery in a different part of the hospital for babies that are low maintenance (like her--just working on feeding or temperature issues). Last winter the Neonatal Unit was very full so they hope that this new nursery will help open up some space in the regular Neonatal Unit for in the future when their baby count is high again (the past few months have been much slower than normal for them). On her 3 week birthday she weighed 4 lbs 7 oz--an entire pound more than her lowest weight!

Her new room...



We are getting anxious to get her home! Her new nursery is even more crowded than the old one and kind of a pain because it is kind of far away from the Neonatal Unit. I'm a little concerned about how we'll be at waking up with her every few hours. I've been pumping every 3 hours--even during the night--well, we've had issues with Joe setting the alarm to PM instead of AM or Joe just turning off the alarm in his sleep (and I sleep so sound that I never hear it). A couple of nights ago when the alarm went off, Joe told me it was time to go pump and I apparently told him that I already had pumped! I must have been dreaming about pumping:). Hopefully I wake up for Layla a little bit better than that!!

No comments: