Monday, September 14, 2009

It's A...

BOY!!! We found out today that we are having a little boy!! Layla is super excited to have a little brother:-). Or at least I'm sure some day she'll love it:-). He was super active which was cute to see. He kept stretching his legs out like crazy and with a full bladder (that they make you have) I thought I was going to burst:-). We got some cute shots of him smiling (but we don't have a scanner that works right now) so the tech said that she's positive that that means he'll be a super happy baby that never fusses or cries:-). Yep. I'm pretty sure that's what that means:-). Layla was super active at her u/s too and has been active ever since--so we might have our hands full:-). As far as the tech could tell he looks healthy--all major body parts are there anyway. We could certainly see his boy parts--he wasn't shy:-). Next week Friday I meet with my doctor to go over the u/s and for my 20 week appointment. I'm 19 weeks and 1 day today and he was measuring at 19 weeks and 3 days, so he's growing right on track! Right when we got there I called him a 'he' and the lady asked if that's what I thought it was and I said yes, but that nearly everyone else thinks it's a girl, so I'm probably wrong. She then said that almost always the parents are right, well, I was! I'm excited for a boy--Joe was kind of hoping for another girl so that Layla could have a little sister, but he's super excited for a little boy to hunt with too:-).

Hopefully now baby boy will stay in for many more weeks (like at least 14)! I'm still feeling sick and lately have been having bad headaches. It'd be nice if that would end soon:-). But I'll take feeling crappy if it means a healthy pregnancy!

Since I don't have pics of the u/s to post, I'll leave you with some pics of Layla. She loves wearing accessories. Too bad she's missing a purse in these pics--she loves carrying purses around and loves to put really random things in the purses:-). She also still LOVES shoes. This morning when I got done getting ready she had moved one of my sandals out of my closet and put it by the top of our gate and had put her sandals (left out from last night by the top of the gate--that's what pregnancy does to me:D) in my closet. Silly girl.
Oh, and for the baby book, she got her 5th tooth last week--a moler on her back right and she's close to breaking her top right (next to the front two that she has). I don't really think that's the "correct" order to get them in, but she doesn't like to be traditional:-)
Just a typical day at Layla's Beauty Salon...

5 comments:

Greg and Shawna said...

Yay, yay, yay!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! And it is too funny he wasn't shy...Max was actually playing with himself, so we had to wait for him to move his hand to get the good picture of his little boy parts!

Layla's salon looks like the "it" place!

TracyVDM said...

Awwww!!! How exciting to have one of each!!! Congrats!

The Martinie Family said...

How exciting for you guys!!! Congratulations!

lindsey said...

HAHAHA, those pictures are hilarious!! What a girl:)

Now it's time to buy some boy toys! :) YEA!

Brad and Jill said...

Congrats on the boy - how exciting! Think of all the clothes shopping to do:) Oh my goodness - Layla is so stinking cute in those pictures! What a girly girl:)