Gibson is now 8 months old!! He is becoming such a big little guy! He has gotten much better at sitting lately (still likes to flail himself backwards though) and this past month started getting up on all fours and then just last week started often rocking on all fours. And this past week he started army crawling. I'm sure that crawling is not too far off! He definitely gets into more trouble now that he moves further distances and always goes for the toys that are not his--dog toys or Layla's toys, he recently really loves her Loving Family dolls and can somehow always find them:). He is still on 4 bottles a day--breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner--and naps in the morning and the afternoon and the late afternoon if his afternoon nap wasn't long enough. On our scale last week he weighed 20 pounds--that means he is getting close to growing out of his carseat carrier. He's getting really heavy in it, but it's so handy to carry him in it places since he can't stand up alone! I think we switched Layla at a year and she wasn't even close to growing out of the carseat for weight--she wasn't even 20 pounds yet at 18 months:).
Here's is 8 month pic...
This is typical of him trying to escape while I'm trying to take a pic:)...
I found this little doll for him a few weeks ago. It is just like the one I used for Layla's growth pics except a boy. I wish I had had him the whole time for Gibs' growth pics too!
Here's Layla's 8 month pic with her doll...

They can now enjoy tubby time together:)...


Happy boy!

This is what I get when I try to get them both smiling:). If only my camera was quicker!
Weird smiles from both of them...

Layla thought Gibson needed all of his baby toys dumped out of the basket to play with....such a nice sister:)...
Goofy looks!

The other day I looked at Gibs and he had rolled his head into this whipped topping container (Layla was "cooking" in it) and then when he rolled over it was stuck on his head. I thought it was funny:).


He has been eating more of the "meal" baby foods and really likes most of them. He's also now had bread and other soft "real" food. Nothing too hard yet as he still doesn't have any teeth:).

Daddy and Gibs...

Chillin' with Daddy...too bad Daddy blinked:)...
1 comment:
I absolutely love the pictures of the kids together - they look so much alike yet they look just like their own little selves. I especially love the picture of him with the bucket - that is too cute - way to go for having the camera right there to capture it:)
It was awesome seeing him last weekend - he is growing up so fast!
Post a Comment