Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bedrest

I've had lots of time of my hands lately, but for some reason keep putting off updating the blog!  When I went in for a dr appointment 2 weeks ago this past Monday, my doctor said that at 28 weeks (which was that Wed or Thurs--not really sure which day, but not like a day really makes a difference--I like to go by Wednesdays so I can check off the weeks quicker but my dr goes by Thursdays since that's what I must have told him originally) I'd need to start bedrest again.  Hopefully doing the progesterone shots will prevent me from going into labor, but just to be precautious, he wants me on bedrest just like we did with Gibs (and made it over 3 weeks longer with him than I did with Layla).  He didn't check me at that appointment since I wasn't having consistant contractions like I had with Layla and Gibs (and he doesn't like to check me too much).  I had another appointment this past Monday (so like at 29 1/2 weeks) and I was dilated to a 1 but not effaced yet, so he said that's not too bad for being a third pregnancy and almost 30 weeks.  And I'm still not having contant contractions, so maybe this baby will make it full term!  It'd be funny if we make it close to full term and can deliver at Zeeland, then all 3 kids would have been born at different hospitals:). This week I did have both shots of beta methazone for the baby's lungs in case it does arrive early and had the fetal fibronectin test which came back negative which means there is a super small chance I'd have the baby in the next two weeks.  Hopefully things keep going well and that bedrest works.  It's been really nice not having to be in the hospital this time hooked up to meds and at home on bedrest on meds.  I'll continue the progesterone shots until about 36 weeks and my doctor says I'll remain on bedrest until then too.  So 6 more weeks!

We're very thankful to family, friends and people from church for helping us out!  We've already had some meals delivered and help with the kids which is much appreciated!! 

Last week we relaxed at my cousin's house (she only lives a mile from us) for a change of scenery so the kids enjoyed playing together and we were thankful to Mandi for taking care of us!
 The kids enjoying their horsey ride with Daddy:).Normally Gibs rides on Joe's calves (and then basically walks, but he doesn't mind) but he wanted to try it like a big boy the other night:).
 Grampy came over an afternoon last week to help distract the kids while I rested and the kids of course had fun playing with him...
Gigi has been picking them up Mondays and Wednesdays and Grandpa and Grandma have helped out on weekends, so we are getting by just fine!

Layla has started Young Children in Worship at church, so she now is only in church with us for a bit and then goes to Sunday School.  She really likes the Sunday School part, but still doesn't love going up for the children's message yet.  Joe said last time went better, but she still sobbed a bit on her way out of church.  She enjoys taking her new doggy purse to church with her which helps keep her sobs quiet:).  I was only able to go to one church service where she walked out (the first time YCW started) due to bedrest, so hopefully she keeps doing better for Joe (I think she's only gone once more).
 And here's my largo 29 week picture...

No comments: