I can't believe I'm 35 weeks already! I've never been pregnant this long before:). But I am definitely glad I am! Starting on Monday, I can deliver at Zeeland and therefore there would be a very high chance that our baby could come home from the hospital with us! I'm not sure I'll know what to do with a baby in our hospital room and taking a baby home right away with us! It'll be really nice though. It's just crazy that each pregnancy keeps lasting longer--I don't know if it's the progesterone shots or just knowing to take it easier earlier and not working at all this pregnancy?? Who knows. Guess I'll never know what factor(s) it was, but I'm grateful to be so far along! And grateful to be so close to the end of bedrest:). I was hoping my dr would take me off this week (since I swear he said he'd take me off around 35 weeks), but he is keeping me on until 36 1/2 weeks (Monday the 14th I'll be 36 weeks and 4 days). I'm ready to be done with bedrest (although still uncomfortable in the same spot that's been bugging me since 29 weeks and makes it painful to stand for very long), but I know it's for the best for the baby to be as close to full term as possible, so I see why he's not taking me off until I'm almost full term. He said as I approach 36 1/2 weeks, I can start doing more and more too. I had an appointment on Wednesday and haven't hardly dilated more than I was the Friday before. I'm like 50% effaced now and he said my cervix is a lot softer and the head is "right there" but not engaged yet, so who knows, maybe I'll be pregnant until 40 weeks:). I'm hoping not quite that long! Although it'd be handy to be able to run some errands and such b/f I have it. So we will see:). I get my last progesterone shot this weekend and that stays in your system for about a week or maybe a little more, so it'll be interesting to see how much after that I have this kid--if it's like a week later, then maybe the shots mixed with bedrest really did work?? I was having more painful contractions earlier this week, but apparently they aren't doing too much, so I guess this is what false labor/Braxton Hicks feel like--I'm just not used to them being "fake" :). Just funny how each pregnancy sure can be different!
This has felt like a VERY long time on bedrest, but we couldn't have done it without help from friends, family and our church family--we really appreciate the help we've gotten!!
Friday, November 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woo whoo! So happy for you. I will be praying for 40 weeks. Everyone should know what it is like to be 40 weeks pregnant. :)
While I feel bad that you have been stuck on bedrest so long, I am overjoyed that you are still pregnant and will get to experience the joys of taking your baby home right away! We will keep praying for you both.
Post a Comment