Thursday, March 1, 2012

Princess Layla

Like many typical 3 year old girls, Layla loves the Disney Princesses.  When I saw awhile ago that Disney Live! was coming to GR and was the stories of Cinderella, Snow White and Belle, I knew Layla would love to go.  We debated taking Gibs with too, but I wasn't sure how well he'd sit through it, plus since we needed to get a sitter for Greta anyway, I figured it'd be cheaper to just drop him off too:).  And he wouldn't know the difference anyway.  Plus it was nice to spend time with just Layla since with 2 little siblings, she doesn't get much time with just mom and dad. 

She had never been to the Van Andel before and I could tell she was a little overwhelmed by all the people at first.  When we saw all the Disney stuff for sale I told her she could pick out one thing.  She wanted a Disney cup, which we have tons of, so I asked her if she wanted something else and she wasn't sure.  But then when we came upon another table full of Disney stuff the only thing she really wanted was a Cinderella thing that spins.  So that is what she got.  I felt bad that Gibs didn't get anything, but again, he doesn't really know the difference:).  And she's been very good at sharing her spinning Cinderella:).  She already talks about "next time" we go to the Princess Show how Gibs can come with and he can get a spinning Mickey.
With her new Cinderella and a fry:)...
Jonathan and Maddy are big Disney fans too, so we met them there.  They both got Mickey crowns and surprisingly Layla didn't even ask for one.
 
When she saw Cinderella come on the stage she got excited since she has Cinderella's dress.  There were lots of little princesses dressed up there, but she didn't seem to mind that she didn't wear her costume.  She's having a Disney Princess birthday party this year and I've tried asking her which one is her favorite (and might then get her a new costume at her party) and she sometimes says Belle, somtimes Ariel, sometimes Tiana, sometimes Aurora, and sometimes Cinderella.  Or sometimes she says she likes them all:).
Donald, Goofy, Mickey and Minnie "hosted" the show, which probably would have been Gibs' favorite part if he was there because he LOVES those four.  We have Disney magnets on our fridge of Minnie, Mickey, Goofy and Donald and Gibs takes Mickey, Goofy and Donald with him all over.  They don't do anything, but LOVES them.  Funny what toys kids find interesting--sometimes the cheapest ones are the most fun!  The kids got Happy Meals last week and instead of liking the toy in the box, they both really liked the little cards that you could punch out of the box. 
Layla likes looking at pictures on our computer, so I figured she'd enjoy it if I took some of the princesses (and their friends).
All the princesses together at the end...
 Waving good-bye to Mickey...see you next year!! :)
 We went with the Heukers to the BOB afterwards for a quick dinner before heading home...
And somehow this is out of order...

No comments: