I love this time of year! I don't enjoy the cold weather it brings, but I don't start REALLY disliking it until about late January/early February. So for now, the snow is pretty outside (although melting right now). I love putting up our Christmas tree--it just gives a house such a warm and cozy feel to it. It reminds me of feeding Greta in the night beside the glow of the Christmas tree...ah, how these two years have gone by so fast! The kids were excited to put the tree up this year because of course they love the tree, but also because for a family gift this year, we got the Disney World monorail to go around it. I think it's a pretty nice addition to our tree :-). Many of the kids' ornaments are Disney too, so it's turning into a bit of a Disney themed tree :-). Each year, the kids pick an ornament out (or I pick it if they are too little). With my help, they pick something that represents what they were really into this year. Last year Gibs got a panda one, Layla got a baking one and Greta got a cupcake. This year, Layla chose an Aurora ornament, Gibs chose "Magic Mickey" (it's actually Sorcerer Mickey, he just calls him Magic Mickey), and Greta got Pooh b/c she loves that movie (and in Disney World, called him Pooh-ah when we met him, which we found cute).
And one of the little girlies today...





No comments:
Post a Comment