Friday, February 8, 2008

It's A...

I wish I could say girl for sure, but we obviously have no way of knowing yet (and we won't even know for another 6 months)! Last night when talking with friends I was talking about how I have it in my head that I'm having a girl, so I better get that out of my head so that I'm not disappointed if it's a boy. The heartbeat was somewhat high and I took the Chinese Baby Predictor and it said it's a girl. How can I not believe that? :) (It does say on the website that it is believed to be 99% accurate! I bet!) Plus awhile ago I dreamt I had a girl and you know how reliable dreams are! However, last night I dreamt that I was having an u/s (which the nurse lady used a hand mixer to do the u/s with) and the baby had clothes on! The nurse then said that she couldn't tell what it was because the clothes were covering its "area", but the clothes were blue so I figured it had to be a boy. I must have been thinking of ultrasounds since Lindsey had a 3-D one yesterday and it's amazing (and a little creepy, sorry Linds) how much of the baby you can see. I'm so anxious to know what me and my friends are having. It's going to kill me to wait until August to find out, but I know the surprise will be fun too!!
O, and Lindsey, I swear I didn't mean to steal your title! After I wrote it, I thought, hmm, that sounds familiar:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, sure you didn't mean to steal it:) I know, I'm just that cool.

Yea, I don't know how reliable dreams are. I dreamt I was having twin girls, I dreamt it was a boy, I dreamt it was a girl. We're definitely not having twins:) So only one of those dreams can be right:)

And yes, I agree the u/s pics are a little scary...I mean, that's my baby's face! It's not even questionable like in the normal u/s - is that a nose? the mouth? what am I looking at? Oh no, this is, wow that baby looks like it's cousins! It's scary looking, especially since the u/s machine only picks up part of the data so the baby is missing its hands and the back of the head:)

Keely said...

I had to laugh at this, I did the same thing! The chinese predictor said I was having a girl and all the little quizzes said I was having a girl, my dreams said I was having a girl so when we found out we were having a boy I was so shocked! I feel bad saying it now but I was a little bummed :-) However, now that we have Matthew I hope that all my other kids are boys too! It's weird, you love what you know I guess, and since my sister had girls that was all I knew too. Ok, that's my random babbling wisdom for today :-)

The Geurinks said...

Haha! Thanks Keel, glad to know I'm not the only one taking dumb tests! I know they're not reliable, but they're still fun:) And I know that I'll love whatever it is:)