Friday, July 11, 2008

I Hate Bugs!

Life has seemed so busy with Layla even though I haven't done a whole lot...aside from tending to her! Babies are more work than I thought! They don't always nap when they're supposed to and be awake when they're supposed to. I try to keep her on a strict feeding schedule per doctor's orders and a strict "awake time/sleep time" schedule per Babywise, but easier said than done! She has tummy issues so she's very fussy, but hopefully the no-dairy-for-me diet helps with that (it hasn't helped so far with fussiness:-(, but I haven't given up hope!).

We went for our first walk as a family last night. It was going good until we walked in this wooded area where there must have been a dead animal or something because it smelled awful and we were suddenly SURROUNDED by deer flies!! It felt like we were in a plague:-). We quickly turned around to head back home, but they still kept swarming us for aways down the road! We must have looked ridiculous to passing cars and anyone looking out their house windows swatting like mad at all the flies! It hurts when they bite! Poor Elv even had them on him so I was trying to swat them away from him as well. At one point there was one on the back of my head (or so Joe said!), so Joe wacked the back of my head, the stroller then ran into my leg and I therefore tripped out of my flip flop. Hopefully nobody saw that:-). At least Layla was safely covered by the "roof" of her stroller so she was bug free. About by the time we were back to our house was when they stopped following us. I think we'll take a different route for our next walk!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised by how little time I had too with Jonathan. It's just one kid, but man life changes a lot. I can do more a little now, but when he came home I would be so proud of myself if I vacuumed 2 rooms in a day - that was a lot accomplished in a day!!!

Love the deer fly story. I can just picture you guys hitting yourselves and each other while others just think you guys are little crazy:) HAHA!! Glad Layla was ok though :)

Brad and Jill said...

Sounds like quite the family outting. Those are the joys of living in the country I guess, huh? You guys must have looked pretty funny but I bet that is was really nice to be able to do something as a family:)