Layla has been having some issues again with blood in her stools. Last time that happened (early July) I stopped eating anything with dairy in it and the blood went away. It started again Friday morning and hasn't gone away yet so we went to the doctor today to get her checked out. The doctor thought her tummy felt good, but wanted to check things out so he sent us to the hospital to get x-rays. She did so good during her x-rays!! She had one laying down and one sitting on this block with the tech and me holding her arms up--she did not like that so much but did really well! It was hard as a mom to see my little girl have to have x-rays! The doctor said that the x-rays looked pretty good so he thinks that her tummy issues might be from other protein allergies such as from peanuts, soy, or eggs. So pretty much if I keep breast feeding I won't be able to eat anything!! :-( So right now she is just on a special (so special it's only found in the pharmacy) formula for babies with extreme protein allergies. Hopefully that helps and nothing else is wrong with her tummy!
O, and she was 8 lbs 4 oz so the doctor said her weight gain was excellent!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad the xrays went well, but I hope she grows out of these allergies!! I don't think I'd like to see my baby having xrays either! Way to be strong mommy:)
I will be thinking about Layla, and hoping that things only get better.
Bummer about all that and about you not being able to nurse possibly either. At least they have a special formula as a backup. We'll be praying for her. She looks so mucher bigger than 8lbs. in pics. Her little face is really filling out. Other than this scare I'm glad she's doing well and growing great. Hopefully I'll get to meet her at Jill's shower.
Post a Comment