Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ear Update

Gibson had his appointment at the ENT this morning and the doctor said that he does indeed need tubes. Not surprisingly, he still had fluid in both ears, so in order to make sure it doesn't cause any damage to his ears (since it's been 5 months and hasn't cleared on its own), they recommend doing tubes. He has his surgery scheduled for next Friday. Hopefully he appreciates being able to hear good after the surgery! I know it's just minor surgery and really doesn't take very long, but I'm sure I'll still be a little nervous for him!

2 comments:

Keely said...

Matthew got tubes at 20 months and has only had 1 ear infection since then. It really is a short surgery but I was nervous too. Hang in there, the end result is so worth it!

Shawna said...

The day Max got his tubes he kept making all sorts of funny sounds because he could finally hear! You won't even have time to be nervous--they'll be finished before you hit the waiting room! Beware...Max also started walking the day he got his tubes!