Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Trouble



Ever since Gibson has been on the move he has been getting into trouble. He just somehow always finds the naughtiest thing to play with and does not like to listen to "no". Joe likes to call him Captain Destructo:). It's just hard to watch EVERY single thing he does. Well, last night we were at church (we left quite early b/c I was in nursery and wanted to run some copies for nursery stuff b/f I had to be in nursery and then didn't find out church was cancelled until we were almost there) and I was running copies in our office at church and Gibs was in there for just a minute with me before Joe was going to take the kids to the nursery to wait for me. All of a sudden I noticed the tray that catches the paper was lying on the ground. I picked it up and tried to put it back on the copier when I realized that it was missing a couple of pieces that had cracked off. We looked on the ground for the little pieces and didn't see them so we figured that Gibs must not have broken it--that it must have been broken before and had just been setting on the copy machine instead of being attached. Well, then Joe took the kids out of the room to go play in the nursery so I could finish up making copies and putting them in mailboxes. Joe came back to me like 10 minutes later to show me what he had found in Gibs' mouth--two hard sharp plastic pieces, from the copy machine!! So obviously we knew that Gibson was the one that broke the tray off and that's scary that he had been moving all around with those sharp little pieces in his mouth!! So anyway, just another example of how quick things can happen to your kids!! I'm so glad that with all of Gibs' "naughty" things, he hasn't ever been hurt! Oh, and yes, I did contact the church to let them know what happened:).

Also, as an update on his walking for my own records, he's been taking a lot more steps recently. He's been doing about 10-15 max for what feels like awhile and then just in the past couple of days it seems like he walks about half of the time. Although it's always varied a lot by the day--when he was sick a couple of weeks ago he barely walked at all. He now can do I'd guess more like 20 steps at a time before falling (or arriving at something since our house isn't very big:D) and has gotten better at standing still without holding onto anything (otherwise he didn't really do that--I still have only seen him stand up without pulling up on anything once and that was a few weeks ago). Maybe one of these days he'll drop the crawling!

No comments: