Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Double Stroller

So I've been trying to figure out what double stroller to go with. I don't want a sit n' stand as Layla won't be old enough for that. We have a Graco infant carrier so I'm thinking a Graco stroller would probably be best. I was thinking of getting the Duo Glider. Anyone have any opinions on double strollers based on experience??

Also, I'm still just chillin' on bedrest. Layla got a cold on Saturday and Joe is now sick so hopefully they get better soon! We were trying to be careful about getting sick in case we end up having a kid in the NICU soon (and obviously wouldn't want to get him sick and they have strict rules about how long you have to stay away if you are sick) but apparently that didn't work! So far I'm not sick though and Layla is on the mend--she just had a runny nose and cough. Maybe Layla and my flu shots worked:).

5 comments:

Brad and Jill said...

Sorry - no experience to offer but I hope you guys feel better soon - so glad you haven't gotten anything! Jill

Julie - Remembered Moments said...

Hope you all feel better soon! I highly recommend the instep safariTT double stroller. (hope this link works)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0012DU9OG/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

I have the blue one shown in the link (hopefully shown anyway)

I have had 3 double strollers-2 were the 'limo' style and I disliked both-I much prefer the side by side, easier to push and maneuver everywhere. This one has individual reclining seats, swivel or straight front wheel-you can change it with the flick of a lever so it is easy to jog with and shop with :-), it also is able to carry an infant carrier! HUGE plus! and that is what really sold me on it. with that bar on front you can just set the carrier right in there (not sure it is 'supposed' to be used like that-but works great none the less), Folds really easily (just like the normal graco strollers) and is very light (for a double stroller it is very light)-it is smaller then my other 2 doubles when folded up-although being a double stroller it is still large, the wheel(s) do quick release off if needed....basically I love it-I am opinionated on my strollers as I have had many, both single, and double and found out what I like :-) but each person is different so it maybe wouldn't work well for you....let me know if you want more info or opinions :-)

PS I got mine used in like new condition for 75 bucks on craigslist :-)

OK that is my long .02 :-)

Julie - Remembered Moments said...

ok one more thing, no idea if you want more then 2 kids but this works great for 3 too (Gavin?) I just put Alexia, my oldest, on the front flat black 'footrest' thing-she usually walks but this works good if she gets tired-she can just sit there.

Keely said...

We have colds over here too, not too bad but still not fun. Feel better!! I did a ton of research on my double stroller too, and I got the InStep Ultra Runner 2 Double Jogger from amazon.com. I don't take them both in a stroller in the store, I would just put them in the shopping cart. I used to put Isabelle's infant seat in the big section and Matthew would sit up front...now she sits up front and he sits in the main section :-) I used a really good consumer website to compare brands and models and if I can remember it I'll send it over!

Emily said...

I don't suggest a duo glider- we have one and it is hard to manuver, especially with a heavy child up front (although Layla is very light so it may not be a problem, but having Carter sit up front was hard) We did have a safariTT instep jogger that I just sold for $75 and I did like it- it was very easy to push around, although I'm not sure if it holds a infant carseat.