Thanks to all that have offered help!! It is much appreciated! I didn't mean for my previous post to sound like I was begging for help:). We've actually been doing good with help with Layla--so don't take it personally either if I don't take you up on your offer to help:). I know that dealing with an 18 month old for an entire day is a lot of work for anyone!
I had an appointment today and I am actually less dilated!! I was 1 1/2 when I left the hospital a week and a half ago and today he said it's closer to a 1! He said that makes sense that it'd go down since my contractions have been a lot less. And my effacement hasn't changed--still 40%. He was so pleased by this that he didn't schedule me for another appointment for two weeks. Maybe this kid won't end up being a preemie! Right now our goal is another two weeks, but then we'll keep hoping for more weeks after that. I'm only a little less than a week away from where I was when I had Layla and with her I was I think maybe at like a 2 1/2 and like 80% effaced a few days before I had her. So I know things can change quickly, but since I'm only at a 1 and 40% effaced I feel like I at least won't have him for a little while now--at least not on Heidi and Steve's wedding day:). 36 weeks is where they no longer would try to stop labor since that's close to full term--so if we make it that far he'll take me off of Procardia and bedrest. He also discussed with me "the plan" of what to do if I do go into labor early again. Last time my water broke, so I knew to head to Spectrum. I was almost fully dilated by the time they got me hooked up and checked me and sent me immediately to the delivery room where I started pushing and about 30 minutes later she was out. Typically the second pregnancy goes even quicker, so especially if he's a preemie and has breathing troubles, we obviously don't want to be having him in the car! I pray my water breaks again so that we know I'm for sure in labor, then depending on the severity of my contractions, if they're really bad, we'll stop at Zeeland and they can always then send RV to Spectrum or if I think I can make it to Spectrum, we'll keep going. Hopefully there's no snow storm:). If I'm closer to 32/33 weeks, then heading right to Holland would be an option since they have an intermediate nursery there for 32/33 week+ babies. If I just start having worse contractions, we'd just go to Zeeland first to see what's going on. So we don't have an exact plan laid out, but we pray that all goes smoothly when the time comes and that we have a healthy baby boy no matter when he is born:). His heartbeat today was 150.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so excited and relieved that the Dr. had such positive news - that must be such a load off for you guys! What a lot to think about with your birth plans...but yeah, you don't want to deliver him in your car so it is great you have all that thought out! Jill
Post a Comment