Friday, December 19, 2008

Let the Festivities Begin

I'm just now updating about last weekend due to being sick earlier this week. I seemed to have had some sort of stomach flu, but thankfully am feeling much better now! I haven't had the flu like that since like elementary school and I even got the flu shot this year! Apparently I must have had a different strand of it.

While I was sick on Wednesday, Layla still went to Em's for the day. Joe got her ready for the day and packed her bag...this is the outfit he packed for her. I thought it was appropriate for the season--it's not too bad, but she kind of resembles a UPS driver:-).



On Sunday we had a Christmas party with our friends at Jill and Brad's. We had a nice turkey dinner, played some games and all the kids had some nice naps! It definitely makes things busy having 5 babies and 5 couples! Jim and Julie, we missed you!!
Unfortunetly, I don't think the kids were ever all awake at the same time so we didn't get a group photo of them.

Curt and Jamie (Alden was sleeping)
Jill, Brad and Ella

Johnny, Kishon and Ava
Darrell, Lindsey and Jonathan
Us. Layla looks like a space cadet b/c she was NOT in a good mood and had finally settled down--I think she was about sleeping with her eyes open:-).
Also, please pray for my mom as she's had a rough week and was admitted into the hospital this afternoon. Thanks!

3 comments:

The Lucas Family said...

How fun for you and your friends to be at the same stages in your lives with all the babies! That must be a riot :) Praying for your mom and your family!

Dan and Jordan said...

Looks like fun!
Mere, we will be praying for your mom and your entire family!

Greg and Shawna said...

Let Joe know that Desi doesn't think Metro is an insult--assuming he (as in Elv) is "unsexed" and all :D